At a GlanceLifesong for Orphans is please to work with Tanzanian nationals who are passionate about rescuing and restoring hope to children who've never experienced childhood.
There are so many ways you can help us serve orphans in Tanzania. your financial support and prayers help make our mission possible!
Make a DonationMake a Donation »
When Micah Ngussa graduated from Nassa Theological College with a degree in pastoral ministries, he felt the Lord calling him to the streets of Mwanza, a city of more than a million people on the southern edge of Lake Victoria in Tanzania.
Micah and his wife, Happiness, began taking in vulnerable children from the streets of Mwanza, sheltering, feeding and educating them. Over the years, the Lord has worked mightily through TCRC which now cares for more than 90 children. Several other believers and missionaries in Tanzania and who were deeply touched by the plight of street children joined Micah and Happiness in their efforts.
The impact of TCRC
- Rescuing abandoned, discarded and orphaned children
- Meeting basic needs: food, shelter, clothing, medical care
- Offering hope in Christ: teaching biblical truth
- Involving children in worship, choir and athletic opportunities
- Providing a quality Christian education
- Teaching life and vocational skill
- Reaching out to the community through the school, churches and musical performances
- Creating awareness in the Mwanza community concerning the increasing number of street children.
- Completing the construction of a secondary school for junior/senior high aged children
- Developing vocational programs and curriculum to partner with local individuals and businesses.
- Completion of the girl's dormitory
- A library and completed science lab at the secondary school
- Desks and chairs for the primary and secondary schools
- Founded in 1997
- 81 Boys
- 12 Girls
- 36 staff members at NTC
- 233 students in the primary school
- 165 students in the secondary school
News + Updates
Your support is changing the lives of orphans around the world. Whether through adoption funding or orphan care, lives–like Vasiliy’s–are being transformed by the Gospel. Here is his story. MEET VASILIY Vasiliy was just 6 years old when he lost his parents. As a result, he was brought to the local [...] Continue Reading »
Two children we’ll call “B” and “N” were living with their grandmother–a retired teacher–and they had a good life. But then the unthinkable happened. Their grandmother (and 6 other people in the family) were murdered by home invaders. The two children survived because they [...] Continue Reading »
Enjoy this update from our Tanzania team– Doricas is 14 years old and was recently rescued after spending a number of years living with other children on the streets of Mwanza. Doricas has little memory of her mother who, from what she was told, left Doricas and her father sometime after Doricas was born and [...] Continue Reading »